I am so not cool with this notion of being dragged into covering a show while I’m still recovering from the last. Nevertheless, I’ve been gamely reporting my observations (both worthwhile and… not) from the show floor for 1UP, along with Frank and Tina, and doing various important community things. Hosting a panel, showing people how to play Bionic Commando, that sort of thing.
Normally the stuff I’m posting on 1UP would be regarded as trivial, unimportant nonsense that I’d dump here instead, but it turns out that the Internet mostly wants trivial, unimportant nonsense. As a person who prefers to write more substantial material, I can feel the timer ticking away on my usefulness to humankind. That notwithstanding, you can grok my not-so-pithy (I’m sick and drugged up, whaddya want?) observations in the following stories:
- Retronauts Panel Prep: It’s a little known fact, but our panel prep usually just consists of us talking about what the heck we’re going to discuss at a meal a few hours before the event.
- No Dumb PR Stunts for Homefront… Yet: Still waiting for the hammer (and sickle, hurrr) to fall on this one.
- Nerds Like Star Wars, Free Stuff, Free Star Wars Stuff: George Lucas wants to kill us all, slowly, with fire code violations.
- PAX East: Still Great for Dragon Quest IX Fans: I think my inn might top 300 guests this weekend; five or six more PAXes and I’ll finally have that 1,000-guest accolade! Sigh.
- This is What You Look Like: Supposedly there were 700 of you at the Retronauts panel. This photo is what I see in my nightmares.
- The Iterative Evolution of BioShock Infinite: Look, actual coverage of an upcoming game! Wacky.
- Why 1UP Users are Awesome: This is the most popular story anyone from 1UP has filed from PAX so far. Apparently telling people they rock goes over well. Oh, and Engrish.